“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.”
~ Albert Camus
A Few Summer Thoughts:
1. A BIG FLOPPY SUMMER HAT
2. There is nowhere nicer than Boulder in the summer.*
3. Rainstorms and thunderstorms and lightning.
4. Early morning runs with a dog by your side = bliss.
5. Going home on FRIDAYS and just lazing.
6. LAZY SUNDAY MORNINGS**
7. One word: Watermelon.
8. Sun-drunk all the time. Sunglasses = VIP (very important possession).
9. Biking up and down and all around. But mostly uphill.***
10. ICED COFFEE. (Check out my friend Gaby’s Blog! It will make you want to: 1) Have coffee immediately 2) Move to Boston ASAP)
11. So much fruit and fresh produce all the time.
12. Backyard grilling and pool parties.
13. Early morning light. Late evening sunsets.
14. Being outside all the time.****
15. Getting away with jumpers and overalls.
16. The cinnamon rolls of the first weekend of summer.
17. Fro-yo. Milk and cake. KEY LIME PIE.
18. Crazy crash-course tubing on the Colorado River.
*Except for maybe Chicago and Provence and anywhere with a beach.
**The trend = lazing. To laze. To have lazy times.
***On the list of wishes: 1) A Longboard 2) Learning how to do No. 1
**** CAN’T WAIT to be done with O. Chem. Especially lab.
JayMay, Sea Green Sea Blue
Beatles, I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends
Anything Brandi Carlile
Andy Grammar, Fine By Me
Walk the Moon!
John Denver, I’m Leaving on A Jet Plane
~ Lumineers ~
Hozier, Cherry Wine
Dave Matthews Band
Lorde, Love Club
Road Trip Thoughts:
1. Oregon Coast
2. Cali highway – all the way to San Fran
3. Driving all the way till we reach the ocean
4. To Seattle. To Vancouver. To the beach.
5. Camping under the stars = Utah. Wyoming. Colorado.
– Oregon Coast –